There is a method to it....

BBC News | Africa | World Edition

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Todd Bentley and our lack of discernment


I posted about the Lakeland Revival some weeks ago and was already leery but I did not have enough info. I just know that there is always something that we as Christians jump on without discernment. I know that God moves today. I have seen him move on me and through me but at the same time there should be a strong desire to know who God is. I don't know what happened to get so many Christians to check their minds at the door. Here is more from J. Lee Grady on what happened and is happening with Todd Bentley and Lakeland. My question is...

What caused all of these Christians-many who are well respected leaders-to not use discernment when it came to Lakeland or Todd?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They're desensitized. With years of being "slain in the spirit", faith healings and such...Todd Bentley isn't a leap for them. If you had gone to Lakeland as a strict Baptist, of course you would have discerned the truth immediately. But if a modern day Charismatic Pentecostal had gone (which many did) they're already used to all the antics. So it would be easy to get suckered in. Smith Wigglesworth did it, Benny Hinn did it, scores of others did it. You'd think SOMEONE would have learned a lesson or two.