There is a method to it....

BBC News | Africa | World Edition

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

No I am not a fecal maniac just a theologian!

Recently my facebook status messages have referred to baby poop. It is not my passion only my reality. Some may think that it is sacrilegous but most think it's funny. I think it suprises some how it can be related to theology but in a way that is where our real theology shows up and becomes apparent-in the "poop" of life. That is why I am going to seminary. It is because all of life is infused with traces of God and we have just begun to scratch the surface of how this affects our decisions, relationships, and emotions. Most people think when they are in the thick of things that theological reflection ceases. Well that is not true. We don't intentionally reflect when we go through our day to day business or facing a crisis. In these situations we begin to rely on our "embedded" theology. Everybody has one. Most of us are not aware of it but our embedded theology even affects the way we view diaper changing!

1 comment:

Echo612 said...

You said, "thick of things" hahaha! I thought they were funny. But then again, I like poop jokes...