There is a method to it....

BBC News | Africa | World Edition

Monday, October 20, 2008

The Coming election and the role of a Christian 2

This current election has two candidates who represent not only different politics but different worldviews. There is one worldview that is arrogant, prides itself on being an expert, and is very narrowminded and compartmentalized. There is another worlview represented by the other candidate that is humble, prides itself on being in relationship, and is holistic in it's approach to issues. This to me represents not only old America and new America but also old Christianity and new Christianity. They are basically the same but the approach is different. Right now I want to go with the candidate who represents the second worldview. Humble, relational, holistic. This is the direction that I as a Christian want to go in and the direction I pray that my fellow Christian and the whole of the nation goes in.

By now you probably know who I am voting for and I am not voting for him because he is black. Although that is a factor. The main reason is because I am tired of the way things are in this country-which is a great country. I am sick of rich white men running the show and we have to pay the price for their arrogance and greed. Jesus is not about that agenda. It's time for change!

3 comments:

Griselda Johnson said...

Here here brother! I agree with you!

Dionne Sincire said...

I can't say that I'm surprised, although you did put up a good front in a few of your earlier posts. As a Christian, which candidate would you say will best ushers in God's will in light of "end time" prophecy?

Echo612 said...

How ironic! When you wrote, that one worldview is arrogant, prides itself on being an expert, and is very narrow minded and compartmentalized, I was utterly thinking we were on the same page. But I was wrong in who you were talking about! But wow! It is funny how we, as a society, view things from different perspectives. It's all relative, I guess!