There is a method to it....

BBC News | Africa | World Edition

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Prince Caspian,Telemarines origin, and the English Spirit

Ok so telemarines..tele=distant+marine=sea....

They spoke with spanish accents. They were a threat to the kingdom of Narnia....

So much of a threat that they could not be beaten except for a supernatural incident involving water.....

I could be reading into things here but it sounds like the bad guys in Narnia and the way they were defeated bears a striking resemblance to the English war with Spain in the 1500's under Elizabeth. I haven't read the book but was this an attempt of CS Lewis to inspire his fellow English patriots during wartime. I haven't read the book but if you don't know the whole story on the war with Spain check out the movie Elizabeth.

I think this may be something in the english collective memory. Just like Exodus is implanted in the Israelite or Hebrew collective memory. Let me know what you think.

No comments: