There is a method to it....

BBC News | Africa | World Edition

Friday, July 25, 2008

Lakeland Revival, Todd Bentley, and either/or thinking



So I have been watching this whole Lakeland Revival thing from afar. It seems to me that every couple of years or so there is some new "prophet" or "move of God" that captures our attention and I wonder is it just the result of our American consumerism and desire for more? Is it the natural outcome of a warped spirituality that always needs hype and glam to satisfy it's perverted longings. One thing that I have noticed is critics or proponents of these moves of God usually are at one extreme of the spectrum or another. I mean either Todd Bentley is an angel from heaven or satan's number one agent in the church. What if God was doing something? Personally I don't agree with the doctrine and teaching but is correct doctrine a requirement for God to move through physical healing or miracles? Isn't that what a teacher is for? If someone is off in the non essentials of Christian doctrine does this hinder the Spirit of God from moving? I mean after all there are discoveries of past doctrinal errors from many great heroes of the faith. Does that discredit the rest of their teaching? Certainly not. All that aside what do you think about the Lakeland Revival? Counterfeit or God's authentic move in America?

No comments: