There is a method to it....

BBC News | Africa | World Edition

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A prophet or a profit?

I truly wonder about the state of our churches and that in turn gets me to wonder about the state of our leaders and that leads to an examination of self.

Recently I read these verses in Luke 7:16-17

They were all filled with awe and praised God. "A great prophet has appeared among us," they said. "God has come to help his people." This news about Jesus spread throughout Judea[a] and the surrounding country.

My question is when people talk about me do they say "a great prophet has appeared among us" or "He is trying to profit from us. After an interaction with our church do they say "God has come to help his people" or "People are helping themselves and using God".

Maybe they don't say anything at all and pass by us like day old roadkill.

Scary thought.

No comments: